Misuari’s declaration of independence is not solution to Mindanao present situation: ARMM Gov. Hataman
Saturday, 17 August 2013 15:25
The declaration of Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) founder Nur
Misuari for independence is not a solution to the current situation in Mindanao, according to Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman.
Hataman issued the statement in reaction to the reports that Misuari has revived his secessionist movement and formally established their federated state, naming himself president following the declaration of independence last Monday in Sulu.
Hataman questioned the motive and reason of Misuari’s declaration and wondered if this will bringchange in the security of the island.
“Habang panahon na lang ba tayo magbabanta kung may gusto tayo na ‘di maibigay at ‘di makuha? At idaan sa expense ng mga inosente mapa-Muslim man o Kristyano?” Hataman further asked.
“He declared. What he plans? Despite the sacrifices of our ancestors, the opportunity given by the government, the sacrifice and change the situation but what did they do?” Hataman further asked.
According to Hataman, he’s a 100% sure that state security forces are ready to face Misuari’s declaration.
Hataman also questioned if the declaration of independence is the one needed by the people of Mindanao, especially the Bangsamoro people.
Meanwhile, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) Usec. Jose Lorena said the Aquino administration has always engaged the MNLF since 2010.
“We will continue to do so under the existing mechanism as we have conveyed to the OIC-PCSP,” Lorena said in a text message.
“Mr. Misuari with his contingent, was present in the Tripartite Implementation Review meetings and other related meetings over the past three years.”
As far as the GPH is concerned, Lorena said they’re not aware of any reason for them to claim that government has abandoned them.
“Our aim has always been to complete the Tripartie Implementation Review so that we can move forward with concrete actions towards the development of MNLF communities, which we have already started,” Lorena said.
He encourages Misuari to be partner in ensuring the welfare of MNLF communities and actively engage with them in the drafting of the Bangsamoro Basic Law which will include the agenda of MNLF.
By Hader Glang
- 18/08/2013 00:00 - CMZ Eye Care Center marks 1st anniversary
- 18/08/2013 00:00 - All ARMM executives remain loyal to gov’t: Gov. Hataman
- 18/08/2013 00:00 - Police seize P3 million worth of smuggled rice
- 18/08/2013 00:00 - ZPCI conducts training on libel, photo journalism
- 17/08/2013 15:28 - Local lady fiscal and lawyer arrested by NBI-PAOCC operatives in Zambo
- 17/08/2013 15:20 - Mayor Beng didn’t yet accept BAC members’ resignation
- 17/08/2013 15:18 - AFAMCO coop treasurer shot dead in Lamitan City
- 17/08/2013 15:15 - Police re-arrest fleeing detainee in Sangali
- 17/08/2013 15:13 - ARMM strengthens PSBP, trains employees
- 17/08/2013 15:12 - 4 blood donors positive for HIV-AIDS in Zambo