Wednesday, 31 July 2013 13:56
Saying the Bangsamoro framework agreement would benefit the entire Bangsamoro community, Malacañang urged Moro National Liberation Front chairman Nur Misuari to give the framework a chance to bring peace and development in Mindanao.
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda was reacting to reports that the Moro leader threatened to declare an independent Bangsamoro Republic with its own Constitution.
Last week, Misuari accused Malacañang of pushing for the closure of the GRP-MNLF 1996 final peace accord to accommodate the Framework Agreement for Bangsamoro (FAB) of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
“The Bangsamoro framework will benefit the entire Bangsamoro. Kasama po kayo sa makikinabang dito, take a look at this major framework. What we will come up with would wind down ultimately to peace and development in Muslim Mindanao,” Lacierda told a media briefing.
“I ask for them to seriously look into this agreement not as an MNLF but as a Bangsamoro and it includes everyone — MILF, MNLF and the lumads,” he added.
Misuari warned that pursuing the closure of the MNLF peace accord will give them the option to declare independence of the Bangsamoro.
Lacierda said Sec. Teresita “Ging” Deles of the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process went to Indonesia—the facilitator of the GRP-MNLF talks—and met with the Indonesian foreign minister to discuss the closure of the tripartite review mechanism brokered by the Organization of Islamic Conference.
He said Deles already clarified that the government had proposed the completion of the review and not the closure of the peace process or abrogation of the 1996 final peace accord.
“It’s very clear with the facilitator on that point that they support the completion,” Lacierda said.
The government aims to sign the peace treaty with the MILF to end the decades-old separatist insurgency in Mindanao.
- 31/07/2013 14:07 - DSWD gears for Huwarang Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino
- 31/07/2013 14:05 - Man arrested for hacking pimp
- 31/07/2013 14:03 - SSS registers 125 ‘kasambahays’
- 31/07/2013 14:01 - Cong. Lilia assured of vice chair in Agriculture committee
- 31/07/2013 13:59 - Man found dead in mangrove area
- 31/07/2013 13:54 - NSO to conduct Health survey
- 28/07/2013 00:00 - Hostage drama ends in safe rescue of OK Bazaar saleslady
- 31/07/2013 10:31 - ARMM to establish 24/7 emergency response team
- 28/07/2013 00:00 - Businesswoman killed, husband hurt in Isabela, Basilan shooting
- 28/07/2013 00:00 - Carnapper under police watch list nabbed in mall