Wednesday, 07 August 2013 15:33
The City Planning and Development Coordinator and the Office of the City Environment and Natural Resources (OCENR) have revealed that the asphalt batching plant in barangay San Roque has several violations.
Assistant City Planning and Development Coordinator, Ofelia Despalo said, “Abla sila they have been here before the ordinance, el first zoning ordinance which is el effectivity is 1979. Under that ordinance, akel business establishments na taki ya before the ordinance, maskin hinde sila compatible with the land use classification, they are supposed to apply for a certificate of non conformance, meaning hinde ya kanila basta manda sale pero man apply sila certificate of non conformance.”
She revealed that the Teddy Construction Development, Inc. has no certificate of non conformance.
The said certificate is being approved or dissapproved by the City Zoning Board of Adjustment chaired by the Mayor.
Despalo added, “Si hinde sila pwede man establish kay they have been here even before the zoning ordinance, el man cover kanila ahora el nuevo zoning ordinance and they have to apply not a certificate of non conformance, but the land use exception and otro el requirements and procedures.”
Meanwhile, the Chief of the Environmental Management Division of the OCENR, Forester Gerry Polisco said the plant does not have any business permit and the complaint against them is related to the clean air act.
“Base na diatun inspection, ara chene le business permit as contractor which is hinde kita kel ta busca. Necita kita akel related na complaint which is the operation del batching plant.” Polisco said.
Yesterday a meeting was held at the Teddy construction together with representatives from the city planning office, OCENR, DENR, EMB, San Roque baragay chairman Randy Bangcairin.
The construction firm, through Moses Go, admitted their lapses and they are willing to fix their shortcomings.
Polisco said it was agreed that the construction firm must comply with the suggestions and recommendations base on the initial inspection of the EMB technical personnel.
A technical conference will also be called by the DENR.
On July 25, a letter was sent to the Regional Director of the Environmental Management Bureau IX, Regional Director Sixto E. Tolentino, signed by residents of Zone II, Barangay San Roque complaining against Mr. Moses Go and Teddie Construction on the asphalt batching plant that allegedly emits dust and heavy black smoke with pungent odor.
Allegedly, the operation of the company is already causing nearby residents to experience coughing, and other respiratory problems.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 13/08/2013 15:14 - The search is on for Agri – Pinoy Rice Achievers 2013
- 13/08/2013 15:00 - Regional Science High School- IX receives recognition from DLSU By Noel M. Reyes, RSHS-IX
- 08/08/2013 14:58 - ZNHS-West offers Chinese Mandarin By: Randy B. Villafuerte, ZNHS West Faculty
- 08/08/2013 14:31 - WMSU aspires toward becoming a mother-baby friendly workplace
- 07/08/2013 15:33 - ARMM Governor: LGUs, public should be vigilant
- 07/08/2013 15:22 - Authorities tag policeman in shooting, beheading incident
- 07/08/2013 15:06 - If Utility and Economy Is What You Really Need
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - ERC approves AS agreement between NGCP and 3 Aboitiz firms
- 03/08/2013 15:16 - Ford hikes stake in China's Jiangling Motors to 31.5%
- 03/08/2013 15:13 - JMC's new production site begins operation, manufacturer to bring new Ford SUV to China