Monday, 24 January 2011 14:13
Councilor Al Jihan Edding yesterday expressed a sigh of relief after the Commission on Elections (Comelec) First Division has elevated the case filed by petitioners Mike Alavar and Roseller Natividad to the Commission En Banc for proper disposition of the case.
In its order dated December 7, 2010 signed by Commissioner Rene Sarmiento, the commission's First Division has certified and ordered that the motion for reconsideration filed by the petitioners together with the entire records of the case be elevated to the Commission En Banc so it can decide on the petition.
It will be recalled, Alavar and Natividad filed their “Duly Verified Motion for Reconsideration” versus the Board of Election Inspectors (BEI) of Precinct Nos. 371 of Talon Talon and Precinct Nos. 394 of Tetuan, the City Board of Canvassers and Edding.
The motion stresses that the automated machines transmitted an erroneous result of the voters who cast their votes in two precincts which if transmitted properly, will clearly favor Alavar.
Alavar and Natividad, through their counsel, have filed their petition last November 30, 2010 praying that the resolution promulgated on November 11, 2010 be reconsidered and set aside.
The order had been furnished to Atty. Jose Ma. Saavedra counsel for the petitioners, Atty. Alfredo Jimenez lead counsel for the respondents, Atty. Quirino Esguerra Jr. collaborating counsel of the respondents, Al Jihan Edding, Respondent, the Board of Election Inspectors, of Precinct 371 of Talon Talon, the Board of Election Inspectors of Precinct No. 394 of Tetuan,City Board of Canvassers and the Regional Election Director.
By Nonong Santiago
- 25/01/2011 12:29 - Policeman stabbed while pacifying quarrel
- 25/01/2011 12:28 - ZATERS upbeat on Zamboanga adventure tourism promotion
- 24/01/2011 14:19 - Jalosjos sees no legal problem in joining Zamboanga City politics
- 24/01/2011 14:18 - Jalosjos brings political party to Zamboanga City
- 24/01/2011 14:15 - Cache of explosives seized from Abu Sayyaf abandoned camp in Basilan
- 24/01/2011 14:12 - BFP to Fire Safety Inspectors: Require only correct number of fire extinguishers
- 24/01/2011 14:11 - Keeping power costs down in Mindanao tops I-Care Agenda
- 24/01/2011 14:10 - Basilan Ulama Council head urge members to involve in social development
- 24/01/2011 14:10 - DOT, City set two day CBT training-workshop
- 23/01/2011 16:51 - Scary facts about diet pills