Monday, 20 March 2017 18:32
The National Housing Authority (NHA) is expected to complete the construction of some 2,600 housing units by first week of April leaving only a balance of some 900 units from the total 6,500 houses under the Zamboanga City Roadmap to Recovery and Reconstruction (Z3R).
And if approved by the City Government, turnover of the 2,600 units is also expected by first week of April in Valle Vista 1, Valle Vista 2 and Valle Vista 3 and Hongkong in Rio Hondo.
NHA District Manager Engr. Al Indanan said emphasized that the turnover of the units will be in coordination with the local government unit, which will decide following inspections, if the housing units are within standards and are compliant with the requirement on temporary sanitation facilities.
As stated in the Code of policy for Beneficiary Selection on the Z3R, priority for transfer from the transitory sites are house owners to be followed by house sharers. Those untagged will be a third priority, according to Indanan.
The Z3R seeks to construct some 6,500 housing units for families affected by the 2013 siege. Already, some 3,000 units have been turned over as of March 15.
The remaining balance of over 900 housing units are expected to be completed by the end of June this year.
The awarding of the units will be based on the go signal of the local government unit, which conducts the final inspection of the units to check whether or not it is inhabitable and has the required sanitation facilities.
“We hope to complete all the housing units by June 2017 but the awarding will depend on the city government. So based on our time table, we expect all IDPs transferred to their permanent houses by December 2017,” Engr. Indanan added.
Indanan made the announcement during the camp dialogue organized by the Communications Working Group headed by the Public information Division under the Office of the City Mayor last March 15 at the Masepla transitory site. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 21/03/2017 12:07 - Man stabbed from behind
- 21/03/2017 12:06 - Basilan landmine blast kills coconut farmer
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Traffic scheme dry run in west coast starts today
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Lobregat wishes best for Zambo on his 69th birthday
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - Drugs buy-bust ops net four
- 20/03/2017 18:31 - Beng spearheads city gov’t sportsfest 2017
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Female fetus found
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Troops arrest 4 Maute Group members
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use