Sunday, 19 March 2017 19:02
By Hader Glang
Government forces have captured four Daesh-inspired group members in a raid in Lanao del Sur province, according to the military.
Capt. Jo-ann Petinglay, Spokesperson of the Western Mindanao Command, said a military-led combined team under Joint Task Force Zamboanga Peninsula and Lanao arrested four members of the Maute group last Thursday.
Petinglay said that the raiding team also recovered three high-powered firearms, a pistol, an improvised explosive device and drug paraphernalia.
The suspects were identified as Pao Panganga aka Pao Faizal, Alex Areg Bagul, Alisata Tumao Maute, and Saadra Macapanton Madayan.
These rogue personalities are wanted for kidnapping-for-ransom, gun-for-hire, car napping, extortion, and illegal drugs trade in Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte," said Petinglay.
They were also tagged as suspects in the murder of Police Superintendent Abner Wahab Santos, the former City Director of Marawi City, she added.
Pao Panganga alias Faizal is involved in the series of kidnappings in Marawi City, more notably, in the abduction of Omira Lotao, an employee of the Mindanao State University last March 5.
"This remakable law enforcement operation typifies the degree of Intelligence gathering, information essharing, and precise planning and execution by different AFP and PNP units under one Commander of JTF ZamPelan Major General Gerardo Barrientos,” Maj. Gej. Carlito Galvez, Jr., WesMinCom chief, said.
He said: “This manifests that good planning, coordination, and execution aided by vital intelligence from local government and the communities would yield to the neutralization of high profile criminal syndicates and personalities."
The general commended the civilian-military partnership, saying "A united endeavor as this translates to peace and security that in turn shall spur progress in that part of Mindanao. Security forces can best help rid the country of criminal and criminal syndicates and bring about a peaceful Islamic City if the people will help us help them." Hader Glang
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - NHA set to complete 2,600 Z3R housing units by April
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - Drugs buy-bust ops net four
- 20/03/2017 18:31 - Beng spearheads city gov’t sportsfest 2017
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Female fetus found
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - 48-year old arrested in drug buy-bust
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - PPA to implement P200-M reclamation project
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - Policewoman, NUP injured in road accident
- 19/03/2017 18:59 - Pres. Duterte to visit Myanmar today