Sunday, 19 March 2017 19:00
The Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) on Friday announced it will undertake two reclamation projects at the local wharf worth PHP220 million.
Engr. Liberto Dela Rosa, local PPA manager, said the two projects will cover a total area of 14,420 square meters (sq m).
Dela Rosa said 12,340 sq m of the total area to be reclaimed is at Cawa-Cawa or western side of the port and the remaining 1,920 sq m is at the Paniran area, which is on the east side of the wharf.
He said the reclamation on the port’s west side will cost PHP200 million and PHP20 million on the Paniran area.
He said the Paniran reclamation project will start in the second quarter of this year and will be completed within six months.
The Cawa-Cawa reclamation project will commence in the fourth quarter of this year and will be completed in one year.
The funds for the two projects will come from the PPA central office.
Once the projects are completed, Dela Rosa said the Paniran area will serve as mooring area for Roll-on Roll-off (RoRo) vessels while the Cawa-Cawa side as storage area for container vans. (PNA)
- 20/03/2017 18:31 - Beng spearheads city gov’t sportsfest 2017
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Female fetus found
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Troops arrest 4 Maute Group members
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - 48-year old arrested in drug buy-bust
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - Policewoman, NUP injured in road accident
- 19/03/2017 18:59 - Pres. Duterte to visit Myanmar today
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Dry run on new traffic scheme set by phases (West coast starts March 20)
- 18/03/2017 14:02 - Social worker faces probe
- 18/03/2017 14:00 - Climaco appeals for public support for new traffic plan