Sunday, 19 March 2017 19:00
By Nonong Santiago
A policewoman and a member of the Police Non-uniformed personnel (NUP) were injured after the multicab vehicle they were riding on turned turtle and crashed towards an electric post along the Maria Clara Lobregat Highway in barangay Culianan yesterday.
Culianan Police Investigator PO2 Arnel Arcillas identified the victims as SPO1 Emelinda Rosel Avenido and Police Non-uniformed personnel Jefferson Pulido.
Both victims were immediately rushed to the hospital for medical treatment by the responding rescue team.
Arcillas said that the duo came from the east coast and were on their way to the city proper when the accident occurred at around 10:30am.
The tire on the right portion of the vehicle burst which prompted Avenido to lose control of the steering wheel.
"Hindi naman masyadong grabe ang dalawang biktima," Arcillas said.
He advised motorists to check the tires of their vehicles when they travel. (Nonong Santiago)
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Female fetus found
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Troops arrest 4 Maute Group members
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - 48-year old arrested in drug buy-bust
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - PPA to implement P200-M reclamation project
- 19/03/2017 18:59 - Pres. Duterte to visit Myanmar today
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Dry run on new traffic scheme set by phases (West coast starts March 20)
- 18/03/2017 14:02 - Social worker faces probe
- 18/03/2017 14:00 - Climaco appeals for public support for new traffic plan
- 18/03/2017 14:00 - Man stabbed by close friend