Saturday, 18 March 2017 14:00
Mayor Beng Climaco has called on the general public in Zamboanga City to support and cooperate with the experimental traffic scheme that will be implemented Monday, March 20, in a bid to decongest traffic at the city’s central business district.
Climaco said the ultimate goal of this traffic experimentation is to amend the existing Ordinance No. 248, otherwise known as “The Revised Traffic Code of Zamboanga,” to keep it more relevant to the present time, taking into consideration the ever increasing volume of vehicles plying the streets of the city.
She said the new traffic scheme that designates certain one-way streets, “no left turn” and “no right turn”, is only temporary in nature and open to changes to perfect the measure as intended.
“We are open to suggestions and criticisms because nothing is final yet as of this time. But when we criticize, let also offer solutions to the problems. What is important is your contribution,” she said on Dateline Teleradyo Thursday.
“No mas lang quita critica y critica sin ofrece el propio solocion del problema,” she added, stressing that the success of any traffic plans is also dependent on the support and cooperation of the general public, particularly the drivers.
She lamented that some drivers are too defiant of the traffic rules and regulations, thereby causing if not compound the traffic situations. “Sometimes, the attitude of our drivers is the problem.”
With the concurrence of the Sangguniang Panlungsod, Climaco on Wednesday issued Executive Order No. BC250-2017, directing the execution of an experimental traffic scheme that designates one-way streets, “no right turn” and “no left turn” on certain roads within the five-kilometer radius of the city proper.-(Vic Larato)
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - PPA to implement P200-M reclamation project
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - Policewoman, NUP injured in road accident
- 19/03/2017 18:59 - Pres. Duterte to visit Myanmar today
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Dry run on new traffic scheme set by phases (West coast starts March 20)
- 18/03/2017 14:02 - Social worker faces probe
- 18/03/2017 14:00 - Man stabbed by close friend
- 18/03/2017 13:59 - House burglarized
- 17/03/2017 14:04 - Wesmincom sorry for death, wounding of two children
- 17/03/2017 14:03 - CHO cautions anew against swimming in public beaches
- 17/03/2017 14:03 - US envoy reaffirms support to Zambo