Wednesday, 19 February 2014 00:00
Over Ten million pesos of assorted jewelries and cash were robbed by unidentified persons from a pawnshop and a wholesale establishment along General Lula Street, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte Province, Monday.
Reports reaching Zamboanga Today showed that the burglars forcibly barged inside Exquisite Pawnshop and Norkis Group of Companies and took the valuables and cash.
Police Regional Office 9 spokesman Chief Inspector Ariel Huesca said the suspects allegedly dug a tunnel to gain entry in the two establishments during the weekend when nobody was around.
Huesca said about P10,000,000 worth of jewelries and P130,000 cash were taken from Exquisite Pawnshop while P70,000 cash, laptop worth P30,000 and bracelet worth P12,000 were robbed from Norkis GC.
Huesca added that Dipolog City Police Station personnel are still conducting a deeper investigation to identify the burglars and establish their possible whereabouts.
Further reports disclosed that the incident was discovered at about 8 a.m. of Monday.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 20/02/2014 00:00 - Cops arrest suspect in killing of couple, child in Basilan
- 20/02/2014 00:00 - Zamcelco energizes more areas in District Two
- 20/02/2014 00:00 - Sirawai plywood firm clarifies cutting of trees near Vitali
- 20/02/2014 00:00 - Power interruption on Thursday, Feb 20, 2014
- 19/02/2014 00:00 - Pawnshop, store lose over P10 million to burglars
- 18/02/2014 00:00 - Councilors discover massive cutting of trees in Vitali
- 18/02/2014 00:00 - Zambo airport cancels evening flights until further notice
- 18/02/2014 00:00 - BTC official vows to protect rights of Zambo, Isabela in Bangsamoro
- 18/02/2014 00:00 - Cops arrest drug pusher in Tetuan
- 18/02/2014 00:00 - Student electrocuted inside Islamic school