Sunday, 01 December 2013 00:00
Engineer George Ledesma assumed office as the new general manager of Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative (Zamcelco) in a turnover ceremony on Friday afternoon.
This, after the National Electrification Administration (NEA) confirmed his appointment last November 28, 2013. He took over from National Electrification Administration (NEA) supervisor Sherwin Mañada, acting general manager of Zamcelco, who is expected to go back to NEA.
Engineer Ledesma is president of the Industrial Group of Zamboanga. He got the highest rate of 80 percent and was the only one who passed the examination and interviews conducted by NEA early this year. He’s also the only qualified applicant for the managerial position of Zamcelco.
Recall, the vacancy for Zamcelco general manager post was advertised by NEA last January 26 and 27 and there were five applicants - Manager Ms. Jaqueline T. Bue, Mr. Allan L. Laniba, Mr. Froilan A. Morales, and Eng. Marlon F. Parot.
However, Zamcelco Board President, Omar A. Sahi said Engineer Ledesma will be probationary general manager for one year.
The turnover last Friday was conducted in-front of the members of Zamcelco board at the Coop’s covered court in Barangay Putik.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 01/12/2013 00:00 - Newly elected brgy officials in Zambo City take oath
- 01/12/2013 00:00 - Finance firm in Zambo Sur robbed by two gunmen
- 01/12/2013 00:00 - Man hurt while pacifying drunk stabbing neighbor
- 01/12/2013 00:00 - 2 kidnap victims rescued in Sulu
- 01/12/2013 00:00 - Motive for killing of ex-mayor of Tungawan town uncovered
- 28/11/2013 14:03 - Agan bares DOE document showing SRPI overpriced
- 28/11/2013 14:00 - PRO-IX raises P500K for typhoon victims
- 28/11/2013 13:56 - Police arrest three women selling ‘shabu’ at Grandstand
- 28/11/2013 13:54 - Businessman kidnapped by armed group
- 28/11/2013 13:49 - Sen. Pimentel formally seeks probe into Zamboanga siege