Thursday, 04 April 2013 12:47
Re-electionist senator Loren Legarda of the administration’s Team P-Noy visited the city as part of her campaign sorties in Mindanao.
Upon her arrival, Legarda paid a courtesy call to mayor Celso Lobregat and joined the local Team P-Noy candidates in their proclamation rally in barangay Sta. Maria the other night.
Legarda is pushing for free scholarship in college and additional allocation of funds for state colleges and universities nationwide.
The re-electionist senator noted about 3.8 million poor families who cannot afford sending their children to college due to poverty.
“Sisikapin po natin na ang pinaka-mahirap na pamilya ang magkaroon hindi lamang ng PhilHealth coverage pati na rin libreng college scholarship sa bawat mahirap na pamilyang pilipino,” Legarda said before a huge crowd in barangay Sta. Maria.
She also entertained the crowd by singing a song of the Carpenters with Mayor Celso Lobregat and Cong. Beng Climaco-Salazar.
Legarda is enjoying the lead among senatoriables in the May 13, 2013 midterm elections based on the recent SWS survey.
She appealed to Zamboangueños to continue to support all her programs including the Universal Health Care and Pantawid Tuition Program which aims for one college graduate in every poor family and other advocacies.
Loren is the only female senator who topped the Senate race twice with more than 15 million votes in 1996 and 18.4 million votes in 2007.
She is the only woman to become majority leader and chairs the Committee on Climate Change; the Committee on Foreign Relations and the Legislative Oversight Committee on the Visiting Forces Agreement; and the Committee on Cultural Communities.
By Monch L. Follosco
- 06/04/2013 00:00 - Sangali police arrest 2 men for gun, shabu
- 06/04/2013 00:00 - Villar bares advocacies on agriculture, OFWs
- 04/04/2013 13:05 - TMI, Zamcelco file manifestation to effect P14.25 million refund
- 04/04/2013 13:04 - Canvassing of votes may be done at SP building - Despalo
- 04/04/2013 13:03 - Oplan Katok RSOTG files cases against 8 Basilan gun owners
- 04/04/2013 12:35 - Policemen not allowed to touch PCOS machines says Vaño
- 04/04/2013 12:32 - Malaysia requires passports, seaman’s books for barter traders in Sabah
- 04/04/2013 12:27 - Nuño agrees w/ Fabian to resolve power crisis
- 03/04/2013 12:46 - Because of extreme summer heat CHO urges public to be health conscious
- 03/04/2013 12:45 - Agan explains travel expenses