Wednesday, 13 March 2013 13:04
United Nationalist Alliance senatorial candidate JV Ejercito Estrada has again maintained his top spot in the latest Pulse Asia survey released on Monday.
Professor Ronald D. Holmes, Pulse Asia President, said the survey fieldwork - Filipinos’ Senatorial Preferences for the May 2013 Elections - was conducted from February 24 to 28, 2013 using face-to-face interviews on 1,800 registered voters nationwide.
The survey results showed Ejercito Estrada, son of former President Joseph Estrada, in the 5th spot from among 33 senatorial candidates for the May midterm elections. Ejercito Estrada ranked 4th in previous surveys by Pulse Asia and Social Weather Station.
Six other UNA candidates – Nancy Binay, Gringo Honasan, Migz Zubiri, Dick Gordon, Ernie Maceda and Ting-Ting Cojuangco - also landed on the top 15 out of the 33 bets vying for a seat in the Senate race.
Ejercito Estrada’s top gainer is the Visayas region where UNA launched its proclamation rally attended by over 70,000 supporters and followers. And followed by Luzon, National Capital Region and Mindanao in the southern Philippines, which is a known stronghold of the Estradas.
Holmes said: “With less than three months to go before the May 2013 elections, 42% of Filipinos are already naming 12 preferred candidates for the Senate – the maximum number of seats up for grabs in the elections.”
The Roman Catholic Church in Bacolod City earlier endorsed Ejercito Estrada and placed him 1st on its list of so-called “Team Buhay” along with Magsaysay and Honasan for supporting the stand of the Church against the controversial Reproductive Health bill.
By Mindanao Examiner
- 13/03/2013 13:47 - Jarah calls on Zamcelco to adjust billing sched
- 13/03/2013 13:46 - Jawo calls for energy conservation measures
- 13/03/2013 13:43 - Money changer loses P3M to holduppers
- 13/03/2013 13:38 - Sultan Pulalun pleads for food for thousands of Filipinos in Sabah
- 13/03/2013 13:23 - Man shot in Sta. Catalina
- 12/03/2013 15:18 - Kiram declares jihad against Malaysia
- 12/03/2013 15:17 - Identified carnapper placed under police watch
- 12/03/2013 15:16 - Store owner beaten to death
- 12/03/2013 15:15 - Sabah conflict death toll rises to 62
- 12/03/2013 15:14 - Zambo gears up for Summer Peace Festival 13