Friday, 09 November 2012 14:28
Some 70,000 Commission on Election (Comelec) Identification (ID) Cards have arrived in the city recently, officials revealed.
Comelec Zamboanga District I Election Officer Jesus Alvin Lim said there are 30,000 IDs for District 1 while 40,000 for District 2.
But he said the IDs which came from Comelec Manila are still subject for sorting and inventory and will be released on late December.
Mr. Lim explained that the IDs which arrived are those ID’s printed before the 2010 elections.
It was learned that the printing of IDs are centralized and being done at the Comelec main office and are on-going nationwide.
“It is important to have a Comelec ID because it can be used for various purposes since it’s a government ID. It’s the same level as the driver’s license,” Lim said.
District 1 has 37 barangays with more than 202,000 registered voters while District 2 covers 61 Barangays with more than 190,000 registered voters.
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 10/11/2012 11:58 - Man dies in hit-and-run along Calarian highway
- 10/11/2012 11:55 - PRO9 readies security plan for SAFE 2013
- 10/11/2012 11:42 - ZCMC asks ZAMCELCO for notice of brownout
- 09/11/2012 14:32 - FM radio station damaged by fire in Tomas Claudio St.
- 09/11/2012 14:28 - ARMM, UNICEF, ICAT pledge commitment to support anti-human trafficking council
- 09/11/2012 14:24 - New port exec lauds Fabian
- 09/11/2012 14:23 - Son of ex-kagawad in Rio Hondo shot, wounded
- 09/11/2012 14:22 - OWWA holds 2-day capability building seminar for OFWs
- 09/11/2012 14:18 - PAZ and academe planned for Week of Peace activities
- 08/11/2012 16:41 - ZAMCELCO Board ousts OIC Mabitazan, Engr. Villar