Monday, 28 May 2012 13:49
A 3-day full of activities summer camp was held at the St. Francis House orphanage in Pasonanca on April 27-28-29 and was participated in by over 60 orphaned boy and girl scouts.
The 2012 Summer Camp of the St. Francis House scouts was spearheaded by volunteer-scoutmaster Bong Bue with the supervision of St Francis House administrator Marissa Basilio.
Among the activities held during the camp were actual scouting lessons at the Boy Scouts Camp in Pasonanca; lecture on citizenship and Philippine Flag Code; trekking thru Pasonanca's hills, hanging bridge and swimming at the Canucutan river; painting lessons by the staff of the Office of Civil Defense (Basulta); camp craftsmanship; tour at Scout Antonio Limbaga campsite; campfire presentation contests; film viewing; Bible stories and many more.
The St. Francis House scouts were first registered in 2010 with the Boy Scouts of the Philippines and Girl Scouts of the Philippines as a community based scouting unit. It had its first summer camp in 2011 and several other camps followed thereafter with Fr. Arthur Winikoff, the founder and director of the orphanage, as the scouting unit institutional head.
- 17/07/2012 14:52 - BIR RR 15 celebrates Sportsfest victory
- 07/07/2012 10:44 - Discovering the Bulingan Waterfalls
- 14/06/2012 15:03 - Sidewalk clearing must be enforced strictly, fairly, equally
- 07/06/2012 15:32 - Tumaga crowns Reyna Elena 2012
- 07/06/2012 15:12 - Discovering fantastic Fantasyland of Dapitan
- 24/05/2012 00:00 - Discovery Zamboanga joins in discovering water system
- 27/03/2012 15:47 - Bayanihan Spirit Triumphs in DENR-IX Women Sector
- 21/03/2012 00:00 - 58th-59th INDUCTION CEREMONIES of the ZAMBOANGA FILIPINO-CHINESE CHAMBER of COMMERCE
- 06/03/2012 13:15 - Production of bottled Mananam sardines in Siocon begins
- 20/02/2012 13:13 - KING and QUEEN of HEARTS de TUMAGA 2012 VALENTINES PROGRAM for Senior Citizens
Put your Feature Ad here ...