Saturday, 12 May 2012 11:48
The Department of Science and Technology-IX (DOST-IX) is now accepting proposals from proprietors of micro, small and medium enterprises in the region who wish to avail of the technical and financial assistance under the Small and Medium Enterprises Technology Upgrading Program (SETUP).
SETUP is a nationwide strategy to encourage and assist micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in implementing technological innovations and improvements in their operations to boost their productivity and competitiveness.
Specifically, the program enables firms to address their current technical problems; get free technical advice from the consultants; avail of technical training courses for workers/employees; acquire new equipment to mechanize and/or improve production line; avail assistance on product packaging and labeling; and standardize and improve the quality of products.
The program is open to any company or individual firm that is based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipino citizen. The firm/s must be classified under the following identified priority sectors: 1) Food Processing; 2) Furniture; 3) Gifts and Holiday Decors (GHD); 4) Aquatic and Marine-based Resources; 5) Metals and Metalworking; 6) Horticulture; 7) Information and Communications Technology; and 8) Health Products and Services.
Now on its eleventh year of implementation, the program had provided funding and technical assistance to eighty two (82) firms from all over the region, which translated to improved productivity and product quality of business establishments.
For more information, interested parties may visit or call DOST-Regional Office IX, Pettit Barracks, Zamboanga City with telephone numbers (062) 991-1024. The Zamboanga del Norte Provincial S&T Center (ZdN-PSTC) in Upper Turno, Dipolog City, with telephone numbers (065) 212-2244, Zamboanga del Sur Provincial S&T Center (ZdS-PSTC) in Rizal Avenue, Pagadian City with telephone numbers (062) 925-1152, and the Zamboanga Sibugay Provincial S&T Center (ZS-PSTC) at 2/F Faundo Bldg., National Highway, Poblacion, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay with phone numbers 09154596401.
by: JCC/DOST-IX Press Release
- 14/05/2012 11:35 - Public urged to hone nationalism at home towards peace-building
- 14/05/2012 11:35 - Hundreds join fun run
- 14/05/2012 11:34 - Man shot, wounded
- 12/05/2012 11:49 - Two alleged arsonists nabbed
- 12/05/2012 11:49 - PHL agriculture up by 1.08% in Q1
- 12/05/2012 11:48 - ARMM census has been declared official, NSO-ARMM clarifies
- 12/05/2012 11:47 - Jalosjos wants old Pasonanca restored
- 12/05/2012 11:47 - ZCWD leads watershed tour for Media, City officials
- 12/05/2012 11:46 - Get that PostPaid plan for Mom this Mother’s day!
- 12/05/2012 11:42 - Ilimin named as ARMM-RLA assemblyman of Basilan