Friday, 11 May 2012 10:41
"Zamboanga is more popular as 'City of Flowers' and we have to bring back that name."
Thus how Zamboanga City mayoralty aspirant Romeo"Nonong" Jalosjos observed, saying that there is nothing wrong with the tagline "City of Flowers."
Jalosjos said it's not a problem either to plant and bring back those flowers in the streets of Zamboanga and in every house's veranda.
Jalosjos, who grew up in Zamboanga City, remembered that the old Zamboanga City was decorated with flowers particularly bougainvilla not only along the streetsides but even a small house, which was even featured in a post card.
"I don't see it a problem to produce those flowers again," said Jalosjos who also propagated flowers in his world-class Dakak Resort in Dapitan City.
In his 25-point agenda, Jalosjos pointed out that if elected city mayor of Zamboanga he will work for the restoration of the city's old glory.
by: Frank Buenaventura
- 11/05/2012 10:47 - Beng opens TESDA training with Katilingban
- 11/05/2012 10:47 - Businessman nabbed for selling illegal drugs
- 11/05/2012 10:46 - Erbie open to possible political alliances
- 11/05/2012 10:46 - Materials used for improvised explosives found in Baliwasan
- 11/05/2012 10:41 - Fabian: "I did my share for progress and development"
- 11/05/2012 10:41 - OWWA-IX has new Director
- 11/05/2012 10:40 - Zamboanga region 10th stopover for government microinsurance roadshow
- 11/05/2012 10:39 - Tan sets sights on developing Sulu tourism industry
- 10/05/2012 13:41 - Abubakar: It's too early to say LDP is broken
- 10/05/2012 12:54 - Sadain: Lobregat politicizing distribution of pick-ups