Thursday, 10 May 2012 12:46
Police have filed charges for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 against five suspected drug pushers arrested on separate buy-bust operations in this southern port city, the police reported Tuesday.
Named respondents were Sibney Gonzales, 34; Darwisa Belmain, 28; Fauzi Omar Jr., 33; Junjun Akiram, 18, and Razzag Totoh, 29, police said.
The police said that Gonzales and Belmain were arrested by Police Station 9 operatives in a buy-bust operation on Sunday in Barangay Cawit, 13.35 kilometers west of this city.
The Police Station 9 operatives, meanwhile, arrested Omar and Akiram in a buy-bust operation last Friday at Purok 5, Barangay Recodo, 15 kilometers west of this city.
Totoh, on the other hand, was arrested in a buy-bust operation by the Anti-Illegal Drugs-Special Operations Task Force (AID-SOTF) operatives last week at Sitio Mulawin, Barangay Mangusu, 78.8 kilometers east of this city.
All of the suspects were charged for violation of Section 5 and 11, Article II of Republic Act 9165, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
The suspects were arrested after the local police have intensified its anti-drug campaign in this southern port city.
- 11/05/2012 10:41 - OWWA-IX has new Director
- 11/05/2012 10:40 - Zamboanga region 10th stopover for government microinsurance roadshow
- 11/05/2012 10:39 - Tan sets sights on developing Sulu tourism industry
- 10/05/2012 13:41 - Abubakar: It's too early to say LDP is broken
- 10/05/2012 12:54 - Sadain: Lobregat politicizing distribution of pick-ups
- 10/05/2012 12:44 - 'Pink Island' as marketing name for Sta. Cruz isle envisioned
- 10/05/2012 12:43 - Philhealth now has 'Animal Bite Package'
- 10/05/2012 12:40 - Cabato hits back at weightlifting coach
- 10/05/2012 12:37 - CAAP, RDC-9 set Zambo Int’l Airport Interior Design Contest
- 09/05/2012 11:43 - Erbie said he was dumped to accommodate Jomar