Friday, 04 May 2012 11:45
Livelihood training programs initiated by HouseDeputy Speaker and District I Congresswoman Beng Climaco benefit not only peoplein the barangays and different communities but also the police forces and theirkin.
Some 25 policewomen and wives of policemenculminated their weeklong training on baking and pastry making last May 2 with Cong. Climaco personally distributing their certificates of completion.
Undertaken jointly with the Technical Education andSkills Development Authority (TESDA), Cong. Climaco’s livelihood trainingprogram has benefited thousands of women and even men in the barangays.
Most if not all of the trainees are nowproductively using their acquired training on varied livelihood activities.
Cong. Climaco has allocated funds for TESDAcommunity training for policewomen and wives of police men to undergo Pastry Making and Baking foradditional income. Thetraining was conducted last April 24, 2012 and ended with a graduation ceremonylast May 2, 2012 at the PRO-9 Office in Merecedes.
"We empower the our police force by providing them with a new skill and analternative source of income. We are happy that our women from the PNP forceand the wives of our police men participated in this training because this entitles them to many opportunities in the future, may it be their own smallbaking business or perhaps a cafe where they could have people eat theirpastries," Cong. Climaco said.
During the graduation ceremony, Cong. Climacopersonally handedover the certificates to the graduates. Also present were PRO-9 officialsheaded by PCSupt. Napoleon Estilles and other officials.
by: Marvin Segura
- 05/05/2012 11:28 - MinDA board approves creation of Mindanao Power Monitoring Committee
- 05/05/2012 11:26 - Abubakar graces CJCLDS Annual Nat’l Service Day
- 04/05/2012 11:48 - San Roque landslide, man-made, says DENR
- 04/05/2012 11:47 - Habal-habal driver shot dead
- 04/05/2012 11:46 - Lobregat: Political plans will come at the right time
- 04/05/2012 11:44 - Fabian, Lobregat hit government chief peace negotiator Leonen
- 04/05/2012 11:41 - Hataman meets Japan new aid agency head
- 04/05/2012 11:40 - Coach hits City Officials for not helping athletes
- 04/05/2012 11:39 - Misinformation campaign launched against Jalosjos
- 03/05/2012 16:09 - 26 families flee homes as floods hit Manicahan 26 families