Friday, 04 May 2012 11:40
A weightlifting coach yesterday assailed some members of the august body including Mayor Celso Lobregat for not supporting the Zamboangueño weightlifters by helping provide some amount for their fare to Manila and back.
In an interview over RMN, Nick Suarez, coach of the Pasobolong/Mercedes Weightlifting Association disclosed that their group has already approached the mayor to ask for little assistance, but they were turned down.
“Ya anda kame pidi ayuda kunel mayor ya insulta pa kanamum. Ya abla ele kanamun 'nuay gayot kamo donde anda pidi si hinde aqui kumigo?'" Suarez said.
Accordingto to Suarez, they went to the City Council to seek for help but went home empty-handed.
A resolution was introduced by Councilor Mel Sadain during the regular session to appropriate funding for the said purpose. However, the edict was immediately killed by the councilors mostly coming from the LDP.
Upon seeing the result of the voting, Councilor Rommel Agan pledged to give a plane ticket for Manila. He said that he will look for a friend who can sponsor the ticket.
Suarez said, “Ya mata sila cunel resolution, pensaba came puede sila ayuda maskin na diila bolsa ya lang sale pero nuay lang siempre. We felt so embarrassed and humiliated.”
Suarez disclosed that in other places, officials ask funding from establishments and other private individuals and then turn over the money to the ones seeking for the assistance.
"In Zamboanga City, the future of the athletes is very bleak and hopeless with these kind of city officials who always grandstand," Suarez declared.
The coach said two weightlifters from barangay Culianan having very good weightlifting records need money for their fare to Manila and back.
The athletes will be trained in China. “They already have the tickets from Manila to China but we are after the ticket from this City to Manila. El tata de aquel dos weightlifters from Culianan driver lang de habal-habal nuay gat nada. Hinde man se personal diamun ta pidi sino ayuda para del maga atleta. Kosa clase este maga consejal diatun ya pasa resolution ya ase lang man trapo. Ya insulta pa kanamun. Bien duele gayot amun corazon ya insulta pa canamun. Ya pasa pa kanamun como mga limosnero.” Suarez blasted at some of the councilors for their alleged arrogance.
- 04/05/2012 11:47 - Habal-habal driver shot dead
- 04/05/2012 11:46 - Lobregat: Political plans will come at the right time
- 04/05/2012 11:45 - Police, kin benefit from Beng’s livelihood trainings
- 04/05/2012 11:44 - Fabian, Lobregat hit government chief peace negotiator Leonen
- 04/05/2012 11:41 - Hataman meets Japan new aid agency head
- 04/05/2012 11:39 - Misinformation campaign launched against Jalosjos
- 03/05/2012 16:09 - 26 families flee homes as floods hit Manicahan 26 families
- 03/05/2012 11:18 - Over a thousand job seekers join Labor Day job fair
- 03/05/2012 11:17 - Nationwide Labor Day celebrations peaceful, says PNP
- 03/05/2012 11:16 - 298 hired at DOLE’s Labor Day Job Fair