Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:17
The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday reported that Labor Day celebrations in the country is generally peaceful with no untoward incident reported.
As this developed, PNP chief Director General Nicanor A. Bartolome directed regional directors to continue implementing their respective security and public safety plans even after the Labor Day activities have been concluded.
Bartolome noted no significant reports of violence or confrontation involving workers’ groups that staged mass action and public assemblies in Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas and other key cities in the Visayas and Mindanao.
“We are thankful to the organizers and participants of the mass actions for their cooperation to the security measures we implemented that resulted in the generally peaceful outcome of today’s Labor Day activities,” Bartolome said.
The early preparations by the police regional offices contributed significantly to the successful implementation of security operations for Labor Day, he pointed out as he congratulated all police units for initiating proactive coordination and security measures.
The preparations include advance coordination with labor groups and militant organizations that were given permits to hold public assemblies outside of Freedom Parks.
“This only goes to show that peaceful and orderly public assemblies can be held if everyone will cooperate,” Bartolome said.
The PNP remains on nationwide Heightened Alert for the rest of the week in connection with the ongoing Asian Development Bank Summit in Manila.
- 04/05/2012 11:41 - Hataman meets Japan new aid agency head
- 04/05/2012 11:40 - Coach hits City Officials for not helping athletes
- 04/05/2012 11:39 - Misinformation campaign launched against Jalosjos
- 03/05/2012 16:09 - 26 families flee homes as floods hit Manicahan 26 families
- 03/05/2012 11:18 - Over a thousand job seekers join Labor Day job fair
- 03/05/2012 11:16 - 298 hired at DOLE’s Labor Day Job Fair
- 03/05/2012 11:15 - Isabela City residents glad to hear Senator Escudero
- 03/05/2012 11:15 - Landslide kills 2 in San Roque
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - MILF blames Army troops for death of one Moro civilian in Naga, Zambo Sibugay raid
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - Observer laughs at Council session over CELSO acronym in vehicles