Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:15
Residents of Isabela City were glad to hear Senator Francis "Chiz" Escudero when he greeted the people of Basilan during their Cocowayan Festival last April 25, 2012.
"We're happy to hear Senator Chiz for greeting us during our festival. We wish him success in his political career and a desire to continue serving for the betterment of the Filipino people," Carla Paclibar, an employee of local government unit, Isabela City.
Brigida Teo, an employee of Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), said the Senator has the qualities of a respectable lawmaker, adding that "he is on the right political path and it is best to wish him well...we thank him for greeting the people of Isabela City."
For Richard Falcatan, a Barangay kagawad, "We hope to see him run for president or vice president in the 2016 elections. Senator Chiz is the most successful youth leader in the history of Philippine politics...he is a politician whose charisma and energy galvanized a new generation of voters."
In the last May 2010 elections, Senator Escudero abandoned his ambition for President, in an apparent move to support the candidacy of Senator Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" C. Aquino III of the Liberal Party (LP).
He also quit the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) leaving his running mate Senator Loren B. Legarda without a partner. Ms. Legarda has been chosen as running mate by presidential candidate Senator Manuel B. Villar, Jr. of the Nacionalista Party (NP).
Currently, the ruling Liberal Party (LP) and the United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) are eyeing Senator Escudero as one of the top common candidates for the 2013 senatorial elections.
By Hader Glang
- 04/05/2012 11:39 - Misinformation campaign launched against Jalosjos
- 03/05/2012 16:09 - 26 families flee homes as floods hit Manicahan 26 families
- 03/05/2012 11:18 - Over a thousand job seekers join Labor Day job fair
- 03/05/2012 11:17 - Nationwide Labor Day celebrations peaceful, says PNP
- 03/05/2012 11:16 - 298 hired at DOLE’s Labor Day Job Fair
- 03/05/2012 11:15 - Landslide kills 2 in San Roque
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - MILF blames Army troops for death of one Moro civilian in Naga, Zambo Sibugay raid
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - Observer laughs at Council session over CELSO acronym in vehicles
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - Philippine Army's PAATB examination for officers, candidate soldiers is on.
- 03/05/2012 11:13 - Zambo Red Cross faces problem of low blood supply of blood