Wednesday, 02 May 2012 15:01
Mayor Celso Lobregat has turned over the second batch of 4x4 pick-up type vehicles for the barangays yesterday morning at Barangay Vitali this city.
The four barangay recipients of the 4x4 vehicles included Tictapul, Tigbalabag, Licomo, and Vitali.
According to the Mayor, Barangays Boalan, Culianan, Mercedes, and Dulian-Upper Bungiao will be the next recipients of the said vehicles.
The 4x4 vehicle with the brand name JAC costs P997,500 while the multicabs which will be given to island barangays costs P290,000 along with the pumpboats that costs P150,000 each.
The new 4x4 vehicles are fully air-conditioned, with automatic windows, CD player, and other features.
Funding for the purchase of the transportation facilities was taken from the 2011 and 2012 budgets.
The Barangay Captains of Licomo, Eduardo Caloyloy, Vitali, Jose Alavar, Tigbalabag, Rolando Opendo Reyes, and Tictapul Anastacio P. Cabayacruz were present during the blessing and turnover ceremony.
Lobregat urged the barangay captains to take care of the vehicles and use it for projects in the Community, Environment, Livelihood, Security, and Order or CELSO.
Earlier, same 4x4 vehicles were given to barangays Taluksangay, Sibulao, Tolosa, Tagasilay, Mampang, Mangusu and Lansones.
Mayor Celso Lobregat said the 90 mainland barangays will receive 4x4 vehicles each while the eight island barangays will receive a multicab and a pumpboat each. He is targeting to finish the distribution by June this year.
by: R.G. A A.Go
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - MILF blames Army troops for death of one Moro civilian in Naga, Zambo Sibugay raid
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - Observer laughs at Council session over CELSO acronym in vehicles
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - Philippine Army's PAATB examination for officers, candidate soldiers is on.
- 03/05/2012 11:13 - Zambo Red Cross faces problem of low blood supply of blood
- 03/05/2012 11:12 - Vocational graduates are needed, says IGZ
- 02/05/2012 15:00 - Army recruitment is On
- 02/05/2012 14:58 - Fire hits warehouse in Tetuan
- 02/05/2012 14:57 - Zamboanga City Health office launches ‘Nutrition on Wheels’
- 02/05/2012 14:56 - Nuno holds free 'tuli' and dental services
- 02/05/2012 14:55 - Region IX finishes 11th in PRISAA National Games '12