Wednesday, 02 May 2012 14:58
A fire destroyed hundreds of pesos worth of products in a warehouse at St. Ignatius Subdivision in Cabato Road, Barangay Tetuan, this city, last Monday.
Zamboanga City Fire Station Fire Marshall Superintendent Domingo Zabala told Zamboanga Today that the warehouse was filled with barter products.
Zabala said the warehouse was made of light materials and owned by a certain Abdulkarim Deki.
Initial investigation conducted by fire personnel disclosed that the fire originated from the ceiling of the structure and abruptly scattered to the different parts of the warehouse.
The Fire Marshall said the timely deployment of the fire trucks and his firefighters with the assistance of Philippine Air Force (PAF) firemen helped a lot in the containment of the fire.
The estimated damage to property was more or less P200,000.
The owner of the warehouse claimed that sparks were noticed from the ceiling allegedly due to short circuit which may have triggered the conflagration.
Fire investigators are still conducting deeper probe on the true cause of the incident.
by: Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 03/05/2012 11:14 - Philippine Army's PAATB examination for officers, candidate soldiers is on.
- 03/05/2012 11:13 - Zambo Red Cross faces problem of low blood supply of blood
- 03/05/2012 11:12 - Vocational graduates are needed, says IGZ
- 02/05/2012 15:01 - Mayor turns over 2nd batch of JAC pick-ups
- 02/05/2012 15:00 - Army recruitment is On
- 02/05/2012 14:57 - Zamboanga City Health office launches ‘Nutrition on Wheels’
- 02/05/2012 14:56 - Nuno holds free 'tuli' and dental services
- 02/05/2012 14:55 - Region IX finishes 11th in PRISAA National Games '12
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Fabian remains undecided on next move, says he will conduct consultations
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Kagawad Abe Tan sponsors 'Operation Tuli' in Sta. Maria