Wednesday, 02 May 2012 14:57
The City Health Office (CHO) has recently launched “Nutrition on Wheels,” an outreach program intended to empower communities through proper nutrition.
The program is another innovation adopted by the CHO headed by Dr. Rodel Agbulos to advance its vision of “Un Ciudad sin Enfermedad.”
Mayor Celso Lobregat together with Councilors Nonong Guingona, Rudy Lim and Myra Paz Abubakar and Agbulos and staff of the CHO’s Nutrition Division spearheaded the launching of the program highlighted by a feeding program for young children at the CHO compound in Pettit Barracks, April 26.
Agbulos said the CHO’s mobile van will be used to visit rural areas to conduct feeding programs and information campaigns on good nutrition for people of all ages.
He stressed the program is primarily aimed to eliminate malnutrition in the city. At least 10 barangays have been identified as top 10 in malnutrition problem with barangay Pasobolong as number one in the list.
“The Nutrition Division of the CHO will conduct feeding programs, information drives and check on the nutrition problem in each of the city’s barangays through the use of the mobile van,” Agbulos said.
The city government through the CHO has been cited for its aggressive nutrition strategies for several years now.
Agbulos stressed that good nutrition is not the intake of costly foods or cuisine but the proper preparation of food and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- 03/05/2012 11:13 - Zambo Red Cross faces problem of low blood supply of blood
- 03/05/2012 11:12 - Vocational graduates are needed, says IGZ
- 02/05/2012 15:01 - Mayor turns over 2nd batch of JAC pick-ups
- 02/05/2012 15:00 - Army recruitment is On
- 02/05/2012 14:58 - Fire hits warehouse in Tetuan
- 02/05/2012 14:56 - Nuno holds free 'tuli' and dental services
- 02/05/2012 14:55 - Region IX finishes 11th in PRISAA National Games '12
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Fabian remains undecided on next move, says he will conduct consultations
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Kagawad Abe Tan sponsors 'Operation Tuli' in Sta. Maria
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - AFP chief approves court martial composition for Al-Barka case