Tuesday, 01 May 2012 00:00
Though the retirement option remains, Congressman Erbie Fabian yesterday said he will still conduct personal visits and consultations with his supporters, leaders including family members before making any final decision on whether or not to continue his political career and run in the upcoming 2013 elections.
In a press conference at his congressional office in Guiwan, Fabian pointed out that he will independently make his own final decision and will not just let anybody influence or dictate him on what to do.
Eversince, it is an implied fact that Fabian has nowhere to go but to run for the mayoralty post considering he is now on his last congressional term in District 2.
The congressman expressed his mutual desire to keep the triumvirate intact.
“The feeling is mutual. I am willing to sit down with Mayor Celso Lobregat and Congresswoman Isabelle Climaco Salazar and discuss political plans with regards to the forthcoming elections. Perhaps that will help me make my final decision whether to continue or just retire,” Fabian emphasized.
Fabian expressed surprise to the announcement made by former Zamboanga del Norte congressman Romeo Jalosjos that he is running for mayor in Zamboanga City.
According to Fabian, he and Jalosjos are partymates since they belong to the same Nacionalista Party and the announcement caught him off guard because Jalosjos did not consult him nor the leader of the party.
The District 2 representative said he will bring to the attention of the party Jalosjos's declaration to run for mayor in this city.
However, the congressman emphasized, in a democratic country such as the Philippines, anybody can run provided he is capable. “Wecannot stop him from running,” Fabian pointed out.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 02/05/2012 15:00 - Army recruitment is On
- 02/05/2012 14:58 - Fire hits warehouse in Tetuan
- 02/05/2012 14:57 - Zamboanga City Health office launches ‘Nutrition on Wheels’
- 02/05/2012 14:56 - Nuno holds free 'tuli' and dental services
- 02/05/2012 14:55 - Region IX finishes 11th in PRISAA National Games '12
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Kagawad Abe Tan sponsors 'Operation Tuli' in Sta. Maria
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - AFP chief approves court martial composition for Al-Barka case
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Cops charged for missing guns
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Coun. Lilia Nuno guns for D2 Representative
- 01/05/2012 00:00 - Mercy Fernandez hails women's active participation in polls