Friday, 27 April 2012 15:11
A construction worker was arrested during a buy-bust operation conducted by personnel of the Zamboanga City Public Safety Company (ZCPSC), Anti-Illegal Drugs-Special Operations Task Force (AID-SOTF) along Bagong Lipunan Drive, Tripplet, Barangay Sto. Niño, this city, Wednesday night.
ZCPSC commander Superintendent William Gadayan identified the suspect as Norberto Pataueg Palatao alias Bong and Palatao, 33, married, of the said barangay.
Gadayan told Zamboanga Today that a police operative who pretended to be a poseur-buyer bought a small size plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance believed to be methamphetamine hydrochloride locally known as shabu worth P200 which resulted to the arrest of the suspect.
Reports added that when the suspect was frisked, another two small size heat-sealed plastic sachet containing shabu and the P200 marked money bill was recovered from his possession.
The suspect was brought to ZCPSC headquarters for proper investigation and later detained at Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO) for custody.
The confiscated drug items were forwarded to the Regional Crime Laboratory Office 9 (RCLO-9) for the qualitative and quantitative examination.
A case for violation of R.A. 9165, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, will be filed against him in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 28/04/2012 11:53 - Deles says GPH-MILF decision points map out direction of peace process
- 27/04/2012 15:13 - Nonong Jalosjos: 'I will run for Mayor of Zamboanga'
- 27/04/2012 15:12 - AboitizPower invests P35-B for new capacityin Mindanao
- 27/04/2012 15:12 - Abubakar conducts consultative meeting
- 27/04/2012 15:11 - Jalosjos will support Climaco for District 1 Representative
- 27/04/2012 15:10 - Gov't finalizing new mining policy, Aquino says
- 27/04/2012 15:09 - Peace talks with MILF agree on framework for final peace agreement
- 27/04/2012 15:08 - SRPI conducts 10th outreach mission
- 26/04/2012 12:11 - Do not wear full face helmet when entering Barangay Lumayang
- 26/04/2012 12:10 - Beng files bill vs sexual infidelity