Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:11
“Welcome to barangay Lumayang, Z.C., for identification and security purposes, you are now entering a no full face helmet zone...Violators will be shot.”
Thus, read the sign printed on a tarpaulin warning motorcycle drivers and backriders not to wear full face helmets when entering barangay of Lumayang, or be shot.
Lumayang barangay chair Frederick Atilano explained that riders should not take the sign literally because barangay tanods and policemen will be manning a checkpoint as they enter the community for proper identification and security purpose. “If the riders will refuse and ignore the checkpoint, then they could be shot. The sign could be controversial but we are not violating any law,” Atilano declared.
He said he is not raising any alarm because his barangay welcomes visitors. But motorists should adhere to the barangay council’s policy of keeping safe and securing the people of their barangay from criminals.
Atilano disclosed that the security measures taken by his administration is in coordination with police station 5 commander Chief Insp. Haywin Salvado and OIC city police director Chief Supt. Mario Yanga.
“We want to promote eco-tourism in our community. Everybody is welcome but should follow our policy in the wearing of helmets because this is a precautionary measure our barangay council has taken to keep my constituents safe,” Atilano emphasized.
by: Nonong Santiago
- 27/04/2012 15:11 - Jalosjos will support Climaco for District 1 Representative
- 27/04/2012 15:11 - Man nabbed for drugs possession
- 27/04/2012 15:10 - Gov't finalizing new mining policy, Aquino says
- 27/04/2012 15:09 - Peace talks with MILF agree on framework for final peace agreement
- 27/04/2012 15:08 - SRPI conducts 10th outreach mission
- 26/04/2012 12:10 - Beng files bill vs sexual infidelity
- 26/04/2012 12:08 - Isabela City ‘Cocowayan Festival’, a success
- 26/04/2012 12:07 - Governors, mayors in ZamboPen worried peace consultations wont push through
- 26/04/2012 12:06 - Zambo jins grab gold in PRISAA Nat’l games
- 26/04/2012 12:06 - Hardware store in Canelar robbed