Wednesday, 25 April 2012 11:27
Acting Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Governor Mujiv S. Hataman has urged other local government units (LGUs) in the region to emulate the leadership set by Lamitan City Mayor Roderick Furigay, Upi Mayor Ramon Piang Sr., and Datu Odin Sinsuat Mayor Datu Lester Sinsuat.
Mayors Furigay, Piang and Sinsuat were recipients of the Civil Service Commission's Citizen's Satisfaction Center Seal of Excellence for adhering and complying to the requirements of the Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007 which include the drawing up of Citizens Charter and posting of Information of their frontline services in billboards at the main entrance and other conspicuous places.
Hataman extolled the leadership qualities of the three, saying the time has come for the current crop of leaders to demonstrate greater commitment towards the fulfillment of the dreams of the ARMM's current leadership.
"ARMM is in dire need of visionary leadership," Hataman added. "We no longer need rulers but leaders, who would consistently steer the ship of the region in the right direction."
Hataman said that a good leader is one who has a sense of justice, equity, fairness and good fearing, selfless and committed to the common good. "These are the hallmarks of good leadership and that is what we want to see to other LGU leaders in the region."
The Acting ARMM Regional Governor, meantime, announced that the three LGUs will each receive a P5-million incentive fund from the regional government to support development projects in their area.
by: Hader Glang
- 26/04/2012 12:02 - Man shot in Sta. Catalina
- 25/04/2012 11:30 - Five puppies of hero dog Kabang die under care of City Vet office
- 25/04/2012 11:29 - All set for 2nd media bowling tournament
- 25/04/2012 11:29 - Mayor cites Camera Club of Zamboanga
- 25/04/2012 11:28 - DOLE bares labor day activities
- 25/04/2012 11:26 - Industrial group bares effects of long blackouts
- 25/04/2012 11:25 - Aquino calls for fair and balanced reporting from media practitioners
- 25/04/2012 11:24 - Gov’t keen on signing peace accord with MILF this year - OPAPP
- 25/04/2012 11:22 - Zamboanga Motors Inc. set for bigger and world-class showroom
- 24/04/2012 12:35 - Despite additional power from TMI Zamboanga to continue with five hours blackout