Wednesday, 18 April 2012 16:18
The Department of Health (DOH) is conducting their 5th National Staff Meeting to discuss several health issues from April 17 to 19 at a local hotel in this city.
The said meeting is held once every quarter. The theme for this meeting is “Kalusugan Pangkalahatan, Governance for Equitable Health Care.”
More than 200 participants are attending the meeting including DOH Regional Directors, Chief of Hospitals, top ranking DOH officials coming from Manila, and other agencies.
DOH IX Regional Director Dr. Teogenes Baluma said the summit will concentrate on the three thrust of the DOH, to lessen the expenses of the department, facility enhancement, and the fulfillment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG).
Aside from these, several reports were also discussed including the securing of resources for health, and new plans and new policies.
After the reports and briefings the participants were given the chance to ask questions especially to the DOH national officials during the open forum.
The Secretary of Health, Dr. Enrique T. Ona is also set to arrive today to grace the occasion.
By:R.G. Antonet Go
- 19/04/2012 11:54 - SRPI coal-fired power plant gets ECC
- 18/04/2012 16:21 - WMSU finally has a Prexy, Milabel Ho wins election
- 18/04/2012 16:21 - Agan welcomes Pacman to PDP
- 18/04/2012 16:20 - PHL troops to teach U.S. soldiers on jungle survival techniques during Balikatan 2012
- 18/04/2012 16:19 - Barcena is new DIPO-WM
- 18/04/2012 16:18 - Hataman: All reforms are geared towards peace
- 18/04/2012 16:17 - Hostage taker shot dead by authorities
- 18/04/2012 16:16 - Man mauled, stabbed to death
- 18/04/2012 16:15 - Fernandez re-elected Red Cross Board Chairperson
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Tricyle operators want increase in fare rate