Wednesday, 18 April 2012 16:16
A man was mauled and stabbed to death after sending text messages to his alleged opponents at Limo Drive, Barangay Pasonanca, this city, Monday night.
Sta. Maria Police Station commander Chief Inspector Larry Domingo identified the suspects as Roderick Acoyado y Bautisata, 24, single, a construction worker, and his brother, Ronald, 21, single, both residents of Limo Drive, Barangay Pasonanca, this city.
The Acoyado brothers were allegedly responsible in the killing of their neighbor, Ronaldo Teodoro y Flores, 38, married, and a resident of Villa Rio, Pasonanca.
Domingo said the victim sustained multiple stab wounds and was rushed by his neighbors to Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC. However, he was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Initial investigation conducted by responding policemen disclosed that the victim was allegedly sending irritating text messages to Ronald, challenging them to a fistfight. The latter informed his brother, Roderick, prompting the duo to take attack the victim.
Probers said the victim was standing outside his residence at Villa Rio, Pasonanca when the suspects, armed with a baseball bat and a knife, attacked him. Ronald hit the former on the nape then he was stabbed repeatedly by Roderick.
Further investigation revealed that the victim and both brothers were already in conflict due to personal grudge.
Both suspects are now detained at the police station pending the filing of charges in court.
By Eugene A. Laspilla
- 18/04/2012 16:20 - PHL troops to teach U.S. soldiers on jungle survival techniques during Balikatan 2012
- 18/04/2012 16:19 - Barcena is new DIPO-WM
- 18/04/2012 16:18 - DOH holds 5th national staff meeting in Zambo
- 18/04/2012 16:18 - Hataman: All reforms are geared towards peace
- 18/04/2012 16:17 - Hostage taker shot dead by authorities
- 18/04/2012 16:15 - Fernandez re-elected Red Cross Board Chairperson
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Tricyle operators want increase in fare rate
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - One dead, two wounded in motorcycle, bus collision
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Beng turns over P11M cancer center to ZCMC
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Deadline for CSC outstanding public employee nomination on April 30