Tuesday, 17 April 2012 00:00
A man was killed and two others were wounded when a motorcycle accidentally collided with a rural bus transit along the highway of Barangay Tagasilay, this city, the other day.
Killed was Salihin Lamalan y Jubail, 67, married, one of the back-riders of the motorbike, and a resident of Sitio Bincul, Barangay Mangusu, this city.
The driver, Julie Nabua y Ukad, 32, married, a resident of Tagasilay, and the other back-rider, Tahura Lamalan y Salasain, 60, married, also of Mangusu, were seriously wounded.
Police said the three were brought to Quiniput Emergency Hospital for medical treatment but Salihin Lamalan was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Initial investigation conducted by Sangali Police Station disclosed that the victims were on board a Honda XRM motorcycle with plate number JJ-2654 driven by Nabua when the accident occured.
The Rural Transit Bus with plate number 427 and body number 9274 driven by Danilo Saguin y Retobado, 43, married, of Tinago, Mahayahay, Zamboanga del Sur Province (ZDSP), was traversing the highway of Tagasilay heading towards Pagadian City, ZDSP.
Probers said the motorcycle allegedly tried to overtake the passenger bus. However, the former accidentally bumped the rear of the bus causing them to stumble and hit the ground.
Reports added that the vehicles involved in the accident were brought to Vitali Police Station for safekeeping while the case is pending investigation.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 18/04/2012 16:18 - Hataman: All reforms are geared towards peace
- 18/04/2012 16:17 - Hostage taker shot dead by authorities
- 18/04/2012 16:16 - Man mauled, stabbed to death
- 18/04/2012 16:15 - Fernandez re-elected Red Cross Board Chairperson
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Tricyle operators want increase in fare rate
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Beng turns over P11M cancer center to ZCMC
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Deadline for CSC outstanding public employee nomination on April 30
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Zamboanga City vs Zanorte football game ends in tie
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Green Caravan, Environment summit set
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - City jail goes on red alert ahead of Balikatan exercises