Tuesday, 17 April 2012 00:00
The Zamboanga City Reformatory Center (ZCRC) otherwise known as the Zamboanga City Jail was instructed by the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) National Headquarters to go on red alert status starting yesterday.
City Jail Warden J/Chief Inspector Julius Arrow said in an interview, “Instruction ng National Headquarters to go on red alert in line with the start of the Balikatan. May protesta, baka magkaroon ng sabotage.”
The memorandum that was issued by BJMP states that the red alert status will continue until April 27.
Due to the red alert, no personnel was allowed to go on leave.
From April 16 to 28, US soldiers together with the Armed Forces of the Philippines will conduct joint military exercises in Luzon and Mindanao.
For Mindanao, Special Operation Forces exercises will be conducted in Zamboanga, Jolo, and Basilan.
The Jail Warden assured that the City Jail is prepared for any eventualities.
There are 970 male inmates, 140 female inmates and 17 minors detained inside the city jail.
By:R.G. Antonet Go
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - One dead, two wounded in motorcycle, bus collision
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Beng turns over P11M cancer center to ZCMC
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Deadline for CSC outstanding public employee nomination on April 30
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Zamboanga City vs Zanorte football game ends in tie
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Green Caravan, Environment summit set
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Kabang gives birth
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Motorist dies after being run-over by truck
- 16/04/2012 00:00 - Lady cosmetic agent is 75th shooting victim in Zamboanga City
- 16/04/2012 00:00 - Mayor inaugurates new building in Lobregat National High School
- 16/04/2012 00:00 - Cong. Climaco eyes recruitment of volunteers to help police force