Thursday, 12 April 2012 11:46
The National Statistics Office Region IX (NSO-IX) revealed that Zamboanga City increased its population from 774,407 last August 2007 to 807,129 in May 2010.
The NSO revealed the figures after President Benigno Simeon Aquino III issued Presidential Proclamation 362 declaring official the 2010 population of the Philippines by Province, City, Municipalities, and Barangays, based on the 2010 Census of Population and Housing conducted by the NSO last March 30, 2012.
NSO IX Regional Director Ronaldo Taghap also revealed that Region IX population increased from 3,230,094 last August 2007 to 3,407,353 in May 2010.
The figures for Region IX includes Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga City, and Isabela City.
The said Census of Population survey started last May 17, 2010 and ended in June 2010.
The Batas Pambansa Bilang 72 accords the NSO the authority to conduct population censuses every ten years.
The result of the census according to the Regional Director is important because, the figures will be used by the government when it comes to allocation of resources, in education, and for the programs and projects of the government.
Aside from this, the data can also be used by the government for the creation of cities and provinces.
by R.G. Antonet Go
- 14/04/2012 10:47 - Beng calls for non-privatization of Agus hydro power
- 14/04/2012 10:45 - Follow rules on checkpoints, cops told
- 14/04/2012 10:43 - Gunman killed by police had no links to murder of UZ president
- 14/04/2012 10:41 - Patriotiko Mindanao ready for anti-Balikatan rally
- 14/04/2012 10:37 - Police eye business rivalry in North Cotabato bus bombing
- 12/04/2012 11:45 - JDC urges city officials to heed call of Eustaquio family
- 12/04/2012 11:44 - Landmine explosion injures 22 soldiers in Basilan
- 12/04/2012 11:43 - Simunul Mayor ousted
- 12/04/2012 11:42 - Police nab drug pusher
- 12/04/2012 11:41 - Aquino govt sincere in addressing power problem in Mindanao - Palace