Wednesday, 11 April 2012 10:56
Over 50 fully armed men clad in camouflage military uniforms attacked a municipal police station in Tigbao, Zamboanga del Sur Province Tuesday night.
Report disclosed that the group, allegedly belonging to the Community Party of the Philippines - New People’s Army - National Democratic Front (CNN), abducted a policeman identified as Police Officer 2 Faisal Juhaili.
Zamboanga del Sur Police Provincial Director Sr. Supt. Jose Bayani Gucela said the rebels attacked the police station when the policemen were outnumbered.
According to reports, the communist group was able to steal about 7 M16 Armalite Rifle, an M14 Rifle and a handgun before fleeing towards the direction of Lakewood Municipality, Zamboanga Sibugay Province.
Gucela told Zamboanga Today that a hot pursuit operation is being conducted against the rebels and for the possible rescue of the abducted policeman.
There were also reports that the rebels also flagged down a vehicle and disarmed the M16 Armalite Rifle of the security escort of a VIP.
As of press time, authorities are still facing a blank wall on the motive of the said incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 12/04/2012 11:39 - Sadain says city officials should take Eustaquio clan statement with open eyes
- 12/04/2012 11:39 - Zamcelco bares 2012 district elections
- 11/04/2012 10:58 - Mayor Lobregat charged for Plunder in Ombudsman
- 11/04/2012 10:58 - Asia's Latin City of Killings is more appropriate for Zamboanga
- 11/04/2012 10:57 - Aquino declares April 25 a special non-working day in Isabela, Basilan
- 11/04/2012 10:55 - BIR appeals for correct tax payment as deadline nears
- 11/04/2012 10:54 - Fire razes two houses in mampang
- 11/04/2012 10:54 - Loud explosion causes panic in Mampang
- 11/04/2012 10:53 - Two men held for gun possession
- 11/04/2012 10:52 - Kabang to give birth soon