Sunday, 01 April 2012 18:36
The Philippines’ largest national flag carrier, Cebu Pacific (PSE:CEB) unveils its self check-in kiosks on eight (8) airports across the Philippines, so passengers can check-in faster for any domestic Airbus flight this coming summer peak travel period.
“We hope our guests take advantage of this added convenience, so they can breeze through the check-in process this summer. This is similar to our web check-in service, which CEB also pioneered in the Philippines,” said Candice Iyog, CEB VP for Marketing and Distribution.
CEB was the first Philippine carrier to offer self check-in last December 22, 2011, using computer terminals in Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3. CEB’s self check-in kiosks have now been deployed to the following airports: Manila, Cebu, Clark, Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod, Tacloban, Kalibo and Puerto Princesa.
This service is available for check-in on all Airbus flights, from 8 hours to 1.5 hours before the flight. For more information, passengers may go to http://www.cebupacificair.com/travel-services/self-service-kiosk.html.
The airline also earlier announced it will mount additional flights, in time for the summer and with the arrival of two brand-new Airbus A320 aircraft in March 2012. This includes flight frequency increases to Kalibo, Caticlan (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Bacolod, Davao, Siargao, Cebu, Iloilo, Pagadian and Dipolog to accommodate travel demand.
“With the number of people traveling this summer, CEB encourages its passengers to take note of some travel tips and reminders for their utmost convenience,” Iyog said.
BEFORE THE FLIGHT
1. Check in from your home or office with Cebu Pacific’s web check-in service through www.cebupacificair.com .
2. Remember that CEB allows only one hand carry bag (maximum weight is 7 kilos).
3. Purchase your baggage allowance upon booking, with options ranging from 15 to 30 kilos. This lets you save up to 44% as compared to paying excess baggage fees at the airport.
4. Place easily identifiable markers on your check-in luggage, and hand carry valuable items.
5. Check in from CEB’s self check-in kiosks in select airports.
6. Another option is CEB’s Express Counter for those with no check-in luggage (Lite Fare).
7. Make time for expected long lines at the security scanners and immigration. We encourage guests to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight. CEB counters will close 45 minutes before the scheduled time of departures so we can be ready to depart on time.
8. Check in umbrellas and liquids, aerosols and gels more than 100ml.
9. Be at the boarding gate 30 minutes before the flight’s published time of departure.
10. Guests will pass through another security check before getting to the boarding gate, so wear shoes that can be easily removed and avoid wearing belts with metal buckles.
- 02/04/2012 11:00 - Sadain to authorities: Stop proliferation of loose firearms
- 02/04/2012 10:59 - Soliven to head Task Force ILP-TOU
- 02/04/2012 10:58 - Two killed in Sumisip clan fighting
- 02/04/2012 10:58 - Peace talks going nowhere: MILF
- 01/04/2012 18:37 - PUJ driver shot dead in Barangay Boalan
- 01/04/2012 18:35 - Dapitan City opens doors to Chinese, Asian tourism markets
- 01/04/2012 18:35 - Zamboanga youth joins Earth Hour
- 01/04/2012 18:34 - GSO places timers on city’s traffic lights
- 01/04/2012 18:33 - A human rights group of Sulu poses a threat
- 01/04/2012 18:32 - Joint PNP, AFP forces raid lawless groups' lair in Sacol By Eugene A. Lasprilla