Sunday, 25 March 2012 00:00
“We need a stable base load power as a solution to brownout.” Thus said Zamcelco Board Vice-President Elbert “Bong” Atilano before a huge crowd during the “1st Regular Yearly Barangay General Assembly at Flamingo Covered Court, Barangay Calarian, yesterday.
Atilano said the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) is short of 32 MW distribution of power to Zamcelco which is equivalent to six hours as the city is experiencing brownout.
“We need a long term base load as a solution to power crisis like in the United States, they have coal-fired generator which will last from 20 to 25 years,” Atilano said.
Atilano, meantime, said with the help of Mayor Celso Lobregat and District 1 Representative Climaco-Salazar on Zamcelco’s call requesting President Benigno S. Aquino III to intervene in resolving the power crisis by dispatching power barges in the city or the contract with the Therma Marine, Inc. (TMI) have been concluded the soonest possible time.
“By the month of May, this year, electric power will be normal again,” Atilano said.
Calarian Barangay Council led by Barangay Chairman Rolando Gregorio spearheaded the yearly General Assembly to inform his constituents about the plans and programs in consonance with Proclamation No. 70 recently signed by President Aquino for a disclosure policy.
The assembly focused on the issues and concerns affecting the said barangay.
“This is for transparency and to promote the quality of life among my constituents,” Gregorio said.
Also present during the occasion who shared their views on barangay governance were Vice-Mayor Cesar Iturralde, Councilor Myra Valderrosa-Abubakar, DILG City Director Moh. Taha Arakama, CMO-Barangay Affairs Bebot Cortez, SPO3 Allan salikala, PO3 Joey Cordero, barangay officials and other important guests. (Monch L. Follosco)
PhotoCAP: Zamcelco Board Vice-President Bong Atilano stresses a point during the general Assembly of Barangay Calarian yesterday.
- 26/03/2012 11:34 - Deles commends Japan’s ‘accompaniment’ to PH peace process
- 26/03/2012 11:34 - LTFRB IX urges PUJs to get permit for Abong Abong route during Holy Week
- 26/03/2012 11:33 - Senator Marcos optimistic WMSU prexy controversy will end soon
- 26/03/2012 11:33 - 2 inmates bolt Zambo Sibugay jail
- 25/03/2012 00:00 - Zambo airport radio equipment conks out, causes PAL flight cancellation
- 25/03/2012 00:00 - Cop charged for alarm and scandal
- 25/03/2012 00:00 - Gen. Estilles sponsors bowling tourney with Zambo press club
- 25/03/2012 00:00 - Hataman urges local planners to prioritize people over politicians
- 25/03/2012 00:00 - National Museum chair impressed by fountain at Paseo del Mar
- 25/03/2012 00:00 - Quarrying site caretaker shot, hurt by 2 riding-in-tandem