Thursday, 16 February 2012 13:44
It was almost three months ago when the accident occurred and nobody noticed the courageous act of a female Asong Kalye (askal), until the dog’s picture was recently posted on Facebook.
Tabang, a Visayan word for help, is an “Askal” belonging to a Cebuano Rudy Bunggal living along the Nuñez Extension road who works as a vulcanizer.
Bunggal adulates Tabang as a Hero disclosing the dog’s no-ordinary feat when she tried to save her bosses from a vehicular accident between 6 or 7 p.m. last December 2011.
According to Bunggal, her niece and a granddaughter were traversing the road during that fateful evening when they nearly met an accident. The vulcanizer said a reckless driver on board a motorcycle nearly bumped the two children but when the dog sensed the incoming danger, she immediately sprang onto the vehicle as if trying to prevent the accident and in the process, her mouth went inside the bike’s roller and sprocket.
As result, Tabang’s upper mouth including her nose was severed, Bunggal had to cut the dangling upper mouth thinking it was of no use.
He said some dog catchers from the Veterinary Office asked him to turn over the dog to their custody for euthanasia (mercy killing) but out of pity, he declined.
“She is a hero when she tried to save my family, I don’t want them to kill her. If she dies, then I will bury her,” Bunggal said.
By Nonong Santiago
- 17/02/2012 12:38 - Faith healer shot dead inside house of barangay official
- 17/02/2012 12:38 - Professor hits CSC decision vs WMSU Prexy
- 17/02/2012 12:36 - Yanga gets Cavalier Award
- 16/02/2012 13:45 - Civil Service Commission junks motion for reconsideration of WMSU President
- 16/02/2012 13:44 - ASG sub commander falls
- 16/02/2012 13:43 - Lobregat takes oath as RPOC IX chairman before Sec. Robredo
- 16/02/2012 13:43 - ZCHS-West parents adhere to DepEd call for austerity during graduation rites
- 16/02/2012 13:42 - Police to implement comprehensive gun ban in Zambo
- 16/02/2012 13:42 - LTO to launch license exam reviewer, manual
- 16/02/2012 13:41 - Recto wants Senate to probe increase in monthly PhilHealth contributions