Tuesday, 14 February 2012 10:37
Zamboanga del Sur Provincial Director Sr. Supt. Jose Bayani Gucela the other day disclosed that there is no sign of the kidnapped Australian national Warren Richard Rodwell in his area of jurisdiction.
In an interview, Gucela said based from intelligence report, Rodwell could have been taken to other areas by the members of the Kidnap for Ransom Group (KFRG) as there were no sightings of the Australian’s presence in his AOR.
For this reason, Gucela said his office had already conducted barangay assembly in Lapuyan and Margosatubig to solicit support from the local populace in connection with the whereabouts of the kidnap victim.
“There was positive response from the people to support the police in trying to pinpoint the location of the Aussie,” Gucela said. Gucela disclosed Kumalarang, Lapuyan, Margosatubig, Sibugay down to Naga are haven of the KFRG who are members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front lost command group.
“These are the places where KFRG bring and hide their hostages but unfortunately there are no signs of Rodwell in these places. However, I told my men to continuously monitor and to report immediately any development,” Gucela emphasized.
According to Gucela, most of these areas are inaccessible to vehicles the reason why they cannot really penetrate further. The provincial police chief said there is a plan by the local government unit to open up coastal roads along Margos and Kumalarang that will make travel easier and faster with the use of vehicles.
“Our seaborne patrol is ineffective because of limitations but we will continue without letup our monitoring to pinpoint the area where Rodwell was taken and to possibly rescue him the soonest possible time,” Gucela vowed.
Gucela also commended all the local mayors in the different municipalities for their support to his office in terms of intelligence funds.
By Nonong Santiago
- 14/02/2012 10:47 - Hataman launches ARMM rubber nursery, distributes agri-fishery inputs in Basilan
- 14/02/2012 10:46 - Lobregat inspects police vehicles
- 14/02/2012 10:44 - DepEd bares NAT result
- 14/02/2012 10:41 - All set for Fabian's golf tourney
- 14/02/2012 10:39 - Zambo is now film hub says Valesco
- 14/02/2012 10:36 - Brother hacks brother
- 14/02/2012 10:35 - PH, MILF rebels resume peace negotiations in KL
- 13/02/2012 12:09 - Beng turns over expanded ZCMC Emergency Room
- 13/02/2012 12:09 - Gunmen attack troops, workers in Basilan road project
- 13/02/2012 12:08 - Customs can propel TPP - BOC official