Saturday, 11 February 2012 00:00
This early, the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) said it has already at least 18 politicians on its senatorial slate for the mid-term polls next year.
And that Liberal Party of the Philippines, chaired by President Benigno Aquino III, is said to be negotiating with the PDP-Laban, of Vice President Jejomar Binay, for a coalition line up in the national elections.
Jose de Venecia III, Secretary-General of PDP-Laban, said it is too early to talk about the coalition line up, but admitted that there are at least 18 applicants to its senatorial slate, although he did not identify them.
“We have 18 applicants for the PDP-Laban senatorial slate and it is too early to talk about the coalition line up for 2013 or 2016 polls,” he said.
He said the Presidential elections in 2016 are not an issue with the PDP-Laban because it is still far away, although this early the LP is concerned about who to field in the polls.
“2016 (elections) is not an issue, but it is with the Liberal Party. Right now, we are busy enlarging the PDP-Laban. But anything is possible and we are supportive of President Aquino’s leadership,” De Venecia said.
De Venecia was in Zamboanga City to grace the PDP-Laban membership seminar attended by over 200 village officials and locals who joined the party.
Local Councilmen and lawyers Rommel Agan and Melchor Sadain are the PDP-Laban chapter president and vice president, respectively, for Zamboanga City, with former Zamboanga City Councilman and lawyer Juan Elago as its Secretary-General.
Both Agan and Sadain are among the most popular and well-respected politicians in Zamboanga City.
By Mindanao Examiner
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Agan-Lobregat word war escalates
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - EU urges speedy forging of Mindanao peace deal
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - PCSO expects hike in betting as Lotto jackpot hits P234 million
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Cops linked to Maguindanao massacre show signs of depression
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Phivolcs: Earthquake probable in Zamboanga
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Stabbing suspect surrenders
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Deles says gov’t hopes to sign peace accord with MILF by 2013
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Tawi Tawi, one of the world’s biggest coral triangle in PHL’s far south, sinking?
- 10/02/2012 00:00 - Lamitan City Council kills Mayor's request for loan
- 10/02/2012 00:00 - Corpse found at Caragasan beach