Wednesday, 01 February 2012 13:57
President Benigno Simeon Aquino III has released P20 million to finance a road concreting project in the nearby province of Basilan.
This was announced Monday by Basilan Gov. Jum Akbar, who said the source of fund for the road concreting comes from the special project of President Aquino.
Akbar, joined by some provincial and municipal officials, led the groundbreaking ceremony last Friday that signaled the start of the implementation of the road concreting project.
The project covers three-kilometer stretch of the provincial road section from Barangay Magcawa in the town of Al-Barka up to the municipality of Tipo-Tipo, Akbar said.
She said the completion of the project would hasten the delivery of basic government services in the two municipalities to include the village of Magcawa.
She said its completion will also hasten the transport of farm goods to the market.
Akbar, on behalf of the Basileños, expressed her gratitude to President Aquino for the realization of the road concreting project.
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Agencies, private sector reps, LGUs to refine investment program
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Estilles visits ZCPO
- 02/02/2012 00:00 - Fabian bills in senate affected by impeachment trial says Solis
- 01/02/2012 13:58 - New City of Lamitan gets Seal of Excellence Award
- 01/02/2012 13:57 - Man shot dead while asleep in Ma's house
- 01/02/2012 13:56 - DENR eyes small-scale mining's rationalization
- 01/02/2012 13:55 - Police arrest drug pushers
- 01/02/2012 13:54 - City engineer says 'Dancing Fountain' is 65% complete
- 01/02/2012 13:54 - Birthday visitor hacked by wife of celebrant
- 01/02/2012 13:53 - JICA visits ARMM, update partnership and basic policy for cooperation