Saturday, 31 December 2011 00:00
The local police office has already filed a murder case against a police officer for killing a man at Bugguk, Barangay Sta. Catalina, this city, last Tuesday dawn.
In a report, the suspect policeman was identified as Saudi Apion y Ismael, of legal age, married, assigned with the Police Regional Office-Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (PRO-ARMM) and presently residing at Barangay Sta. Barbara, this city.
Police said based on the testimony and circumstantial evidence gathered by the local probers, the suspect allegedly went to the victim’s house and was looking for his brother. Probers added that the suspect was seen with Mohammad Harun Abdul y Demarunsing, of legal age, single, of Sta. Barbara. Allegedly, the suspect forcibly took Demarunsing to Bugguk at gunpoint where Demarunsing was shot and killed.
The cadaver of the victim was recovered with visible bullet wounds near the footbridge in Bugguk, interior part of Sta. Catalina.
No empty shell was recovered at the crime scene by police investigators.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Beng urges support for DOH’s APIR drive
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Prison protest turns bloody in Dipolog City
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - City gov't will not spend for fireworks display at Paseo
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - St. Francis House sponsors special Xmas party for wards
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Palace reiterates call against use of firecrackers
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Zamboanga City honors Rizal
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Climaco: Let us give better future for youth
- 30/12/2011 20:49 - 19 year-old pedicab driver shot dead
- 30/12/2011 20:48 - Agan cites accomplishments of 2011
- 30/12/2011 20:48 - Street children woes in Zambo worsening