Friday, 30 December 2011 20:49
A pedicab driver was shot to death Wednesday night by an unidentified assailant at the vicinity of Logoy Diutay, Barangay Mampang, this city.
Tetuan Police Station commander Superintendent Albert Larubis identified the fatality as Khalid Bising y Muksan alias Kamlon, 19, single, also a PUJ dispatcher and resident of Locson Drive, Barangay Talon-Talon, this city.
Larubis said the victim was shot several times with unknown type of handgun hitting the different parts of his body resulting to his instantaneous death.
Larubis added that the victim was seen walking at the crime scene at about 7:30 p.m. heading towards their residence.
Investigation conducted disclosed that the victim was waylaid by the assailant, allegedly clad in black jacket, and shot him at close range.
The victim’s corpse was immediately claimed by the relatives and brought to their residence for proper burial.
A follow-up investigation is being conducted by the local police to determine the motive of the crime as well as the identity of the suspect.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - St. Francis House sponsors special Xmas party for wards
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Palace reiterates call against use of firecrackers
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Policeman is suspect in Sta. Barbara killing
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Zamboanga City honors Rizal
- 31/12/2011 00:00 - Climaco: Let us give better future for youth
- 30/12/2011 20:48 - Agan cites accomplishments of 2011
- 30/12/2011 20:48 - Street children woes in Zambo worsening
- 30/12/2011 20:47 - Beng reiterates call for universal coverage of Philhealth
- 30/12/2011 20:46 - CENRO-West has new OIC
- 30/12/2011 20:40 - Pyrotechnics expert reminds public on proper handling of fireworks