Monday, 19 December 2011 20:10
Two policemen died in a strafing incident along Veterans Avenue Extension on Saturday night.
The victims were identified as Police Officer 1 Dexter Guanzon y Bantoto, 29, single, a resident of Mango Drive, Barangay Tumaga, this city, assigned with Zamboanga City Public Safety Company (ZCPSC) and Police Officer 1 Gilbert Enriquez y Perez, of legal age, of Alvarez Drive, Don Alfaro, Tetuan assigned with the 9th Regional Public Safety Battalion (RPSB).
Both victims suffered multiple fatal gunshot wounds on the different parts of their body.
PO1 Guanzon died on the spot while PO1 Enriquez was brought to Western Mindanao Medical Center (WMMC) but was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Tetuan Police Station commander Superintendent Albert Larubis said both victims were having a drinking spree inside Candie’s Store when fired upon by the two suspects with an M16 Armalite Rifle as evidenced by the several empty shells recovered at the crime scene.
Witnesses told Zamboanga Today that one of the suspects was wearing a bonnet and the other was clad in black shirt. The two escaped towards the inner portion of a nearby alley.
A continuous investigation is being conducted by personnel of the Tetuan Police Station to establish the identity of the assailants for their possible arrest.
The cadavers of both victims were brought to the funeral parlor for the post mortem examination.
By Eugene A. Laspirlla
- 20/12/2011 11:01 - Sendong spares NGCP transmission lines
- 20/12/2011 11:01 - Zambo lad wins 20th PSQ Nat’l Finals
- 20/12/2011 11:00 - Women’s Peace Table aims part in peace negotiations
- 20/12/2011 11:00 - Atilano challenges Zamcelco employees to lower system’s loss by 50%
- 20/12/2011 10:57 - PNoy presides over oath taking of Hataman as ARMM OIC Gov
- 19/12/2011 20:09 - Agan calls on City Gov't to shoulder PhilHealth insurance
- 19/12/2011 20:09 - Retain universal coverage, Beng asks Philhealth
- 19/12/2011 20:08 - Jolo already installed CCTVs for security - Dalipe
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PAG-IBIG to implement mandatory membership
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PCG places all units on alert for Yuletide rush