Monday, 19 December 2011 20:07
Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Vice Admiral Ramon Liwag has placed all of the maritime agency's units in high alert to prevent lawless elements from taking undue advantage of the sea-going public during the Yuletide holidays.
PCG spokesperson Lt. Cmdr. Algier Ricafrente said that Liwag also directed Coast Guard Stations and Coast Guard Detachments to step up their operations in view of the forth-coming holiday season.
He also said that the PCG was alerted as lawless elements were just waiting for an opportune time to strike in crowded areas such as ports and vessels for unwary holiday goers.
Ricafrente said that the PCG's security measures would also be reinforced by those of Philippine Ports Authority, Maritime Industry Authority, Office of Transport Security, Philippine National Police, Local Government and other concerned agencies in ports and vessels.
- 19/12/2011 20:10 - Strafing along Veterans Avenue, two cops dead
- 19/12/2011 20:09 - Agan calls on City Gov't to shoulder PhilHealth insurance
- 19/12/2011 20:09 - Retain universal coverage, Beng asks Philhealth
- 19/12/2011 20:08 - Jolo already installed CCTVs for security - Dalipe
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PAG-IBIG to implement mandatory membership
- 19/12/2011 20:06 - PNP scouts for new City Police Director
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Over 700 feared dead in Mindanao flash floods due to TS 'Sendong'
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Businessman shot in Tetuan
- 19/12/2011 20:02 - Transition team formed for Hataman formal turnover ceremony in ARMM
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - Former AMIN partylist Rep. Hataman named ARMM OIC governor