Monday, 19 December 2011 20:06
The Philippine National Police has included the position of City Director of the Zamboanga City Police Office among the list of vacancies in the PNP website sparking speculations about a possible change in the leadership of the city police.
The post of ZCPO City Director was included under the list of 3rd level position vacancies in the PNP website dated November 28 this year.
Applicants were advised to submit their applications to the Recruitment and Selection Division of the Directorate for Personnel and Records Management.
PNP sources in the city have confirmed that a list of candidates has been prepared by the Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) for submission to the PNP National Headquarters in Camp Crame.
Included in the list are Police Senior Superintendent Sofronio Ecaldre, a bar passer who also occupies the position of Chief of Personnel and Human Resources Development Division of PRO9; Police Senior Superintendent Joselito Pajarillaga, PRO9 Intelligence Division Chief; Police Senior Superintendent Ronald Ylagan, Chief of the Logistics Division, and Nelson Eucogco, head of the Police Community Relations Division of PRO9.
The four candidates were personally recommended by PRO 9 Regional Director Chief Superintendent Elpidio Z. de Asis, Jr and included in a memo addressed to the Chairman of the Senior Officers Placement and Promotion Board (SOPPB) in Camp Crame. The board shall determine the final list of five applicants to be submitted to the local chief executive from where the final candidate will be chosen.
Aside from the list submitted by PRO9, it was also learned that Police Senior Superintendent Jonathan Perez submitted his application directly to the SOPPB. Perez presently occupies the position of Group Director of the Regional Headquarters Service Group of PRO9.
The SOPPB initially scheduled deliberations for the selection of candidates last December 7 but was later moved to January 2 next year to allow the submission of more applications.
Police Senior Superintendent Edwin De Ocampo sits as the current Zamboanga City Police Office City Director.
By Liza Jocson
- 19/12/2011 20:09 - Agan calls on City Gov't to shoulder PhilHealth insurance
- 19/12/2011 20:09 - Retain universal coverage, Beng asks Philhealth
- 19/12/2011 20:08 - Jolo already installed CCTVs for security - Dalipe
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PAG-IBIG to implement mandatory membership
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PCG places all units on alert for Yuletide rush
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Over 700 feared dead in Mindanao flash floods due to TS 'Sendong'
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Businessman shot in Tetuan
- 19/12/2011 20:02 - Transition team formed for Hataman formal turnover ceremony in ARMM
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - Former AMIN partylist Rep. Hataman named ARMM OIC governor
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - ARMM admin code enacted finally