Monday, 19 December 2011 20:05
A businessman was shot and seriously wounded by his business partner at Ortega Drive, Don Alfaro Street, Barangay Tetuan, this city, yesterday morning.
Tetuan Police Station commander Superintendent Albert Larubis identified the victim as Andy Asmawil, 38 married, also of the said place.
The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds on his jaw and stomach. He was rushed to Zamboanga Doctor’s Hospital for medical treatment.
Larubis identified the suspect as Juli Halid, of legal age, the victim’s partner in a construction venture.
In an interview with Zamboanga Today, Larubis averred that the suspect went to the construction firm owned by the victim’s wife, Warlene Haraji, purposely to collect Asmawil’s debt amounting to P100,000 more or less.
During the conversation, the suspect suddenly pulled out a Caliber .45 Pistol and shot the victim repeatedly.
Responding policemen hurriedly went to the crime scene and recovered 1 live ammunition of caliber .45 Pistol.
A manhunt operation against the fleeing suspect was launched against the suspect.
Appropriate case was readied by the police against the gunman while a continuous investigation is being conducted to establish the motive of the incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 19/12/2011 20:08 - Jolo already installed CCTVs for security - Dalipe
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PAG-IBIG to implement mandatory membership
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PCG places all units on alert for Yuletide rush
- 19/12/2011 20:06 - PNP scouts for new City Police Director
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Over 700 feared dead in Mindanao flash floods due to TS 'Sendong'
- 19/12/2011 20:02 - Transition team formed for Hataman formal turnover ceremony in ARMM
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - Former AMIN partylist Rep. Hataman named ARMM OIC governor
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - ARMM admin code enacted finally
- 18/12/2011 15:19 - CEB brings back Dancing Crew on special flights this holiday season
- 18/12/2011 15:19 - DSWD discourages kids from caroling in streets