Sunday, 18 December 2011 15:20
Former Anak Mindanao (AMIN) party-list representative Mujiv Hataman of Basilan has been named OIC governor for the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
Hataman, 39, was appointed by President Benigno Aquino III, and will assume his post along with OIC vice governor Hadja Bainon Karon on Dec. 22 or 23, Department of Interior and Local Governments (DILG) Secretary Jesse Robredo said in a report posted on MindaNews website.
Another report received by Zamboanga Today, Robredo confirmed that Hataman has bee chosen to head the five-province ARMM until new officials have been elected and assumed office next year.
Based on the reports, Hataman received a copy of his appointment signed by the President on November 29, early this week.
The new ARMM chief executive and Karon took their oath of office before Robredo noon of December 15, and will serve as OIC governor and OIC vice governor until noon of June 30, 2013. They will formally assume office on Thursday or Friday next week, the reports said.
Hataman, Chairman Emeritus of AMIN party-list, is advocating Mindanao peace and development through tri-people unity. With his appointment, he will lead the 4,120,795 people and govern the five provinces — Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Maguindanao and Lanao del Sur – and the cities of Marawi and Lamitan.
"Over the past several years Mujiv Hataman has demonstrated the experience and knowledge necessary to lead reforms in the ARMM," one of the leaders of Reform ARMM Now (RAN) told Zamboanga Today.
RAN, a coalition of groups espousing reforms in the ARMM, had earlier crafted a Roadmap for Reforms in the ARMM, including what to do in the first 100 days of the incoming regional governor.
By Hader Glang
- 19/12/2011 20:07 - PCG places all units on alert for Yuletide rush
- 19/12/2011 20:06 - PNP scouts for new City Police Director
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Over 700 feared dead in Mindanao flash floods due to TS 'Sendong'
- 19/12/2011 20:05 - Businessman shot in Tetuan
- 19/12/2011 20:02 - Transition team formed for Hataman formal turnover ceremony in ARMM
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - ARMM admin code enacted finally
- 18/12/2011 15:19 - CEB brings back Dancing Crew on special flights this holiday season
- 18/12/2011 15:19 - DSWD discourages kids from caroling in streets
- 18/12/2011 15:18 - Old man found hanging in Camino Nuevo bridge
- 18/12/2011 15:17 - Man shot, hurt but retaliated vs gunman