Sunday, 18 December 2011 15:17
Intelligence Unit of the local police office arrested a man with alleged bullet wound suspiciously hiding at the back portion of Sta. Cruz Cemetery last Friday night.
City police director Sr. Supt. Edwin de Ocampo identified the suspect as Reynaldo Abad Orbita, 41, married, a native of Mahayahay, Kumalarang, Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur Province (ZDSP).
De Ocampo told Zamboanga Today that background check on the suspect showed that he has pending double murder case in court.
He said that Orbita was arrested by virtue of warrant of arrest docketed under criminal case number 9804-2k10 for the crime of murder issued by Honorable Judge Rolando Goan, presiding judge, RTC, branch 21 in Pagadian City dated March 23, 2010.
The police confirmed that the suspect when arrested has a visible gunshot wound on his right shoulder.
The suspect claimed that he was shot by unknown assailant in Upper Barangay Bunguaio, this city, last Tuesday.
Orbita has another pending arrest warrant for the crime of murder under criminal case number 20651 issued by Honorable Judge Gregorio Dela Peña, RTC, branch 12 dated November 11, 2011 with no recommended bail bond.
The suspect was temporarily detained at Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO) and is scheduled to be presented to the respective court for proper disposition.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 18/12/2011 15:20 - ARMM admin code enacted finally
- 18/12/2011 15:19 - CEB brings back Dancing Crew on special flights this holiday season
- 18/12/2011 15:19 - DSWD discourages kids from caroling in streets
- 18/12/2011 15:18 - Old man found hanging in Camino Nuevo bridge
- 18/12/2011 15:17 - Man shot, hurt but retaliated vs gunman
- 18/12/2011 15:16 - Product- launching of Global Fusion, Inc.
- 18/12/2011 15:16 - More than Unlimited, Sun has Add-on Plans to fit your Lifestyle
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Two men shot to death in separate incidents
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - Police arrest ASG terror suspect in Basilan
- 17/12/2011 00:00 - On looming power crisis... Zamcelco Vice Prexy to Jawo: Help look for solution, not problem