Friday, 07 October 2011 16:17
“Who are these councilors complaining about the P5 the city collects for using the comfort rooms? Tell them to come to my office so I can give them P5 so they can use the government’s comfort rooms.”
Thus, said Mayor Celso Lobregat clearly alluding to his critics in the City Council referring to minority Councilors Jawo Jimenez, Rommel Agan and Mel Sadain.
The three minority aldermen voted against the ordinance that sets the amount of P5 fee from people who use the government toilets inside the Paseo del Mar, Plaza Pershing and Jardin de Maria Clara in Pasonanca.
The mayor emphasized the collection of the comfort room fee is being practiced in many progressive cities.
“The income derived from it is used for maintenance of the facility,” Lobregat said.
He said people should not think about the small amount they are handing out but should think that they are helping the city government.
By Nonong Santiago
- 07/10/2011 16:19 - Jaycess gather in Zambo for national convention
- 07/10/2011 16:19 - Beng to host ‘Una Noche Latina’ Oct. 9
- 07/10/2011 16:19 - Batch ’85 rules Chong Hua’s Alumni cage tourney 2011
- 07/10/2011 16:18 - Affordable housing for teachers mulled
- 07/10/2011 16:18 - Jolo imposes 6-hour curfew
- 07/10/2011 16:17 - Malaysian deportees arrive in city
- 07/10/2011 16:16 - Kidnapped midwife rescued in Sulu
- 07/10/2011 16:16 - MILF proposal seeks to break snag in peace process
- 07/10/2011 16:15 - Pagadian OFWs win MOFYA 2011
- 07/10/2011 16:13 - Phoenix adopts Talisayan elementary school